I don’t know why but I don’t like eating raw banana. It has to be cooked either fried, to make it as fried banana or pisang goreng or baked. Kind of funny I know 🙂 So sometimes I bought some bananas and end up nobody eating it and got bad. So then I have to do something with it. This banana cake is simple but a bit special because I added cinnamon crumb to it. The aroma when it’s baking is really good! very aromatic! and the taste … also delish! It’s perfect for your afternoon or morning companion with some hot tea or coffee 🙂
3 or 4 medium banana (about 450 g), smashed
230 g all purpose flour
115 g butter, melted and cold
75 g caster sugar
25 g brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 sachet vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract essence
* For the Cinnamon crumb
2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Butter the bottom and sides of baking pan size 23 x 10 x 7 or any kind of baking pan you have.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, caster sugar and brown sugar.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs until smooth then add the melted butter and vanilla sugar/essence. Mix them well for 5 minutes. Then slowly add the smashed banana. Continue mixing until all mix well. Stop the mixer.
4. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold the flour mixture into batter with rubber/wooden spatula.
5. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the crumb until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
6. Pour the banana batter into the baking pan and sprinkle on the top with cinnamon crumb. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.